Monday, November 10, 2008

HaPpY HaLLoWeEn!









This year for Halloween we were Star Wars characters. Justin has been really into Star Wars and said he wanted to be Luke Skywalker so Alexa said "yeah I will be Princess Leia" and our theme was born. The Luke Skywalker costume was hard to find, so Justin ended up being Obi Wan (thanks mom for the costume). I made Alexa's costume from some white curtain fabric (without a pattern mind you). It was a little hard to get on b/c the fabric was so stiff (it probably needed a zipper) but it worked and that is the important part. Oh did I mention this was my first sewing project ever!!! (i know, that explains a lot)! Tyson was Darth Vader, Chelsie was Queen Amadala and I was Padme. I love dressing up and all the decorations at Halloween. We went to our ward Trunk'r'treat Thrusday, it is always fun to see all the amazing costumes and for the kids to see their friends. Trick or Treating in our neighborhood on Fri. Fun, Fun, Fun, not to mention another years worth of candy!

9 comments:

BandHGardner said...

Great sewing job! I could never pull it off.

Brent and Justin would be the best of buddies, for sure. Brent can quote the entire 3 original Star Wars movies by memory. Yes, I married a nerd.

Jera Farnsworth said...

the sad thing is so can I! My brothers watched it everyday for years and now with Justin- well some things just stick!

Gina said...

Yay! you finally put up pictures. They are all so cute. I really liked Alexa's hair. So cute...

Dizzy Kate said...

Your kids are adorable, and you are amazing for putting their costumes together every year. Needless to say, Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I just don't get it, and that explains our lame costumes every year. I'm always amazed at the crativity that others have - like you!

Alisha said...

so cute!

Tiffini said...

It's fun that you'll dress up with them! You're kids are so beautiful!!

Brittney said...

Hey Jera its Brittney and I am SO sorry I never emailed you back. I completely forgot. But I honestly dont know of any good beauty schools. I never looked into any I just went to EVIT because it was paid for while I was going to school. Maybe Terin could answer the question better than I can. Sorry I am so not helpful! But your family is so adorable.

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

Oh my goodness...they have grown up already! Where does the time go? I miss you guys big time, my sweet carpooling buddy!

Jen R. said...

Hi Jera, it's Jennifer (Griffiths) Romney. I saw your blog from Gina's. I decided that the George DNA must be very strong, because both yours and Gina's boys look so much like your brothers, and your girls like like clones of you. The one of the two girls by themselves looks like a picture of you and Gina. They are adorable!