Sunday, April 20, 2008

Busy Toothfairy!







Justin came home from school last friday with a necklace made out of dental floss and plastic in the shape of a tooth. I heard it tinkling as he walk in and I look over at him and asked "whatcha got there?" To which he replied "MY TOOTH!" What? no way? It wasn't very loose! But he showed me the gaping hole and sure enough it was missing. He pulled it out while he was working on his seatwork at school. I checked his other tooth (we usually check when we brush before bed and sure enough it wasn't very loose- just a little wiggle.) well of course the toothfairy came to our house and exchanged some goodies and $$ for his first little tooth. He was sooooo excited and showed at 6:30 saturday morning that she had in fact come! We all got up and began our chores and I hear him say "oh-oh". I look over and his other tooth was now hanging by a thread. He said "oh, what should I do" and I said "well pull it out!" and he did!! So the toothfairy had to come back to our house two nights in a row! I really don't know how he got them out- that is determination!!

5 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

I can't believe his teeth are already coming out. Kendra told me the other day that she has a loose tooth. My neice (5) just lost her first tooth. This is crazy. Next is the awkward stage. I don't know if I'm ready for that one. Justin looks very cute with his toothless grin.

Victor and Annette said...

Kids are so funny with loose teeth. Every now and then in 4th grade, kids are still coming to me at school and will open their mouth and just grunt at me. It is fun. I just tell them, "run to the office" I think they really like to get those teeth holders.

Kate McEuen said...

Wow- toothless smiles are what happen to old kids- not are little boys! It just too crazy to see Justin so big! He sure is cute- even if he does look a little like John!

Nettie said...

He's darling Jera. It's funny how they can self-induce pain to get those teeth to come out, but panic over a little scratch...At least mine do. There's something exciting about changing your looks with one yank! (Or several, in Justin's case). The first one is very fun. At our house, the toothfairy forgets when multiple kids are losing multiple teeth. Then she has to get tricky.

Natalie said...

These are such cute photos of his toothless gap! I'm still trying to get some good ones of Zach, but his other teeth are growing in already! It's so funny how determined Justin is to get them out! Zach has one that has been flopping around in his mouth for days....ewww!